From: Jurassic Park
Who said it?: Robert Muldoon
The story behind the quote: This week’s quote comes from the first Jurassic Park film. Based on Michael Crichton’s novel of the same name, the film, which was directed by Steven Spielberg, is all about a theme park that’s filled with real, living dinosaurs but, prior to the park’s grand opening, things go south when the attractions get out.
The quote comes from the near the end of the film. As the power has gone out from the Park, game warden Robert Muldoon (played by Bob Peck) tries to secure the area as vicious velociraptors are on the loose. Muldoon does spot one of the velociraptors and he goes in to get a clear shot. He realizes too late that the raptor he spotted was just a decoy so another raptor can close in on him without him noticing. Seeing the raptor, he delivers the quote.
Geek wisdom: Never underestimate anything. There are times when you think victory is at hand and it’s a sure thing. But your victory can be snatched away because you failed to notice the things around you or you may actually be playing right into its hands.
One thought on ““Clever girl.””
Oct 6, 2015•Comments off
This phrase was used on at least 5 movies. Jodie Foster stars in 2 of them.
1. Jurassic Park before the second raptor attacked the dinosaur warden
2. Total Recall when Sharon Stone (Lori Quaid) tried to trick Arnold Schwarzenegger (Douglas Quaid) into having sex to take his attention away from people coming to get him.
3. Contact when Jodie Foster (Dr. Ellie Arroway) figured out that S.R. Hadden (John Hurt) found the primer to the alien text.
4. Silence of the Lambs when Jodie Foster (Agent Starling) is talking to Hannibal Lecter while he is in his cell.
5. Ronin – Trainer said it to ice skater at ice rink.